Uldarico Ossio

Principal Associate
VCard
PDF
  • Biography

    Biography

    Uldarico’s practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A). He also has extensive experience in financing transactions, including acquisition and project finance.

    Uldarico also brings to the table considerable knowledge of US law, having spent time working within the Latin America transactional group at Baker McKenzie New York.

  • Experience

    Experience

    M&A

    • Advised Interconexion Electrica ISA Peru in its USD 158.5 million acquisition of Orazul Energy Group from Inkia Energy. Orazul Energy Group controls Etenorte and Eteselva, which operate six transmission lines spanning 746km in Peru.
    • Advised The Nielsen Company (US), LLC, a subsidiary of Nielsen Holdings (NYSE: NLSN), on its acquisition of CCR’s retail measurement services business line in Peru, Bolivia and Chile through its local subsidiaries.
    • Advised Celistics Epayment S.L., an intelligent logistics company, on its acquisition, through a Peruvian subsidiary, of a 60% equity stake in Red Digital del Peru, a Peruvian company that owns a platform that integrates digital products. The remaining 40% is owned by Telefónica del Perú.
    • Advised Grupo Security on the acquisition of 61% of the Peruvian insurance company Protecta S.A. Compania de Seguros, from Grupo ACP and the International Financial Corporation.
    • Advised China Fishery Group Limited on its USD 780 million hostile takeover of the largest fishing company in Peru.

    Acquisition Finance

    • Advised Interconexion Electrica ISA Peru in its USD 158 million financing to acquire Orazul Energy Group from Inkia Energy.
    • Advised (New York counsel) JPMorgan, MUFG Bank, SMBC and The Bank of Nova Scotia on a USD 400 million senior unsecured loan to Alicorp S.A.A. to finance the acquisition of two consumer goods companies in Bolivia.

    Project Finance

    • Advised  (New York counsel) Autopista del Norte S.A.C., a subsidiary of Aleatica S.A.U.,  on its USD 350 million financing to develop Peruvian Red Vial No. 4 toll road project.
    • Advised (New York counsel) Ergon Peru S.A.C., a subsidiary of Tozzi Green, on its USD 222 million private placement of green bonds due 2034 to refinance a loan and install solar panels in around 200,000 rural homes in Peru.

    Corporate Loans

    • Advised a syndicate of banks on a USD 110 million loan to Pesquera Exalmar S.A.A., a leading Peruvian fishing company.
    • Advised a syndicate of banks on a USD 250 million loan to an agricultural company in Peru.
  • Additional Information

    Additional Information

    • Co-author of the article “Algunas consideraciones sobre los ajustes de precio” (Considerations on purchase price adjustments), published in the Fusiones y Adquisiciones (Mergers & Acquisitions) edited by Instituto Pácífico S.A.C. (2018).

    Experience

    • Senior Associate at Estudio Echecopar, member firm of Baker & McKenzie International (2020 – present).
    • Mid-Level Associate at Estudio Echecopar, member firm of Baker & McKenzie International (2018 – 2020).
    • International Associate at Baker & McKenzie’s New York office (2017–2018).
    • Associate at Estudio Echecopar, member firm of Baker & McKenzie International (2013–2016).

    Teaching experience

    • Teaching assistant in Corporations at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru – PUCP. (2015–2016).
    • Teaching assistant in Private Law Institutions at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru – PUCP. (2015).
    • Teaching assistant in Business Law at Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas – UPC. (2013–2016).