Some preventive measures against COVID-19 are specified through Ministerial Resolution No. 009-2022-MINSA published on 14 January.
These measures apply to all public and private entities, so they are enforceable in the workplace.
- The minimum physical distance should be 1 meter. In cases where constant use of masks is not feasible (such as dining rooms), the minimum distance is 1.5 meters.
- The use of KN95 masks, or the combined use of a surgical mask and a fabric mask over it, is mandatory nationwide in public and enclosed spaces.
- It is advisable to measure the level of CO2 in workplaces.
- The use of face masks or eye protectors (in addition to masks) is recommended in enclosed spaces where necessary physical distance cannot always be maintained.
- In addition to their regular PPE, healthcare personnel should also use disposable latex or nitrile gloves.
We trust that this information is relevant to you and your company. If you need to delve into the subject, please do not hesitate to contact us.